This mushroom soup has a deep round flavor without being overwhelming. The carrots and potatoes make it heartier while keeping it light on the digestion.
I loved it in concept, before it was even born, which is why last week I decided to made a vat. My husband and I had it for lunch and snacks throughout the week and didn’t even get tired of it! (My children wouldn’t go near this stuff. Do your kids like mushrooms?)
Find a long list of vegan recipes here.
Read why my blog took a sudden turn for the vegan here.
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 1.5 small cartons)
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or just smash it, drop it in whole and remove it after cooking)
- 3 medium potatoes, diced (big chunks ok)
- a little oil for sauteing
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a soup pot, saute the carrot, celery, onion, mushrooms in a little oil.
- When the veggies soften (and the mushrooms start to wilt) add the broth, water, bay leaf and garlic. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until soft.
- Taste and add salt & pepper.