My own family has overcome many challenges by simply “letting food be our medicine.” (Hippocrates)
- My son’s chronic ear infections stopped abruptly after we made a few simple, healthy changes.
- I regulated my hormones (and got rid of PMS). I also healed a chronic case of eczema that had become debilitating and dangerously acute (even the emergency room doctor had gasped at the sight – that was comforting!)
- My husband healed his chronic heartburn and lost 80 pounds (steadily and permanently). It started one Valentine’s day, before we were engaged when I lovingly handed him a nutritional “prescription”.
How we eat
As much as it tries to sneak it’s way into our lives (constant battle!) I try to steer clear of processed foods. I cook very simply because otherwise cooking would become tedious and unsustainable.
Important note: I don’t believe we were meant to eat perfectly and I think that’s why God put so many healing and corrective foods on the planet. What I do believe in is balance.
We incorporate the following superfoods into our diet regularly:
- broths and stocks (either by the cup or in soups)
- orange foods (this sweet potato pie makes a regular appearance)
- kombucha and other cultured foods
- alternative (to wheat) grains such as buckwheat and quinoa (and usually we do best eating fewer grains in general)
Here are some examples of what I might serve:
- greens with turmeric-mustard dressing
- grass-fed beef tacos
- salmon-bacon-kale bowls
- homemade chicken soup with parsley and chilies
- whole grain apple-blueberry muffins
- cantaloupe with a squeeze of lime