Lately I’ve been inspired to come up with unique smoothie ideas. This one is a new favorite! Bright cherries and warm chai spices like ginger and cinnamon come together beautifully. It will make your mouth sing!
I use a ginger cube for convenience (read about how I stopped grating ginger here). A good blender will also pulverize a nub of ginger. Also, I didn’t have ground cardamom, but I did have cardamom pods. I put a small one in my high-powered blender and it incorporated just fine into the smoothie. But if you don’t have cardamom, this will still taste great.
Hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup coconut milk (I like full fat)
- ½ cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or ½ teaspoon dried (I double this because I love ginger)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon dried cardamom (optional)
- Whir all ingredients in a blender til smooth. Garnish with a few chocolate chips or shavings if desired. Enjoy!