This tangy, herb-infused garlic yogurt sauce can be thrown together at the last second as a perfect sauce to serve alongside many meals. It goes well with grilled meat of any kind (chicken, beef, lamb) and I’m dreaming of a burger that is topped with arugula, fresh jalapenos and a big dollop of this sauce. I can do this sort of thing now because the fast is over – feast time!
Everyone loves a good tzatziki. (Well, everyone except my son who detests yogurt so much he literally can not be in the same room with it. He has to get his probiotics from other foods.)
But as simple as tzatziki is to make, there’s just not always time to grate or chop a cucumber when you’re trying to get a meal on the table. However, there is usually time to throw some garlic, herbs and salt into yogurt and stir it together. That’s why I love this simple sauce and I hope you love it too!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed (medium-sized cloves)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (I suggest fresh mint, dill, oregano and/or parsley)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If there is time refrigerate a couple of hours to let flavors come together, but it also tastes good served immediately.