Cleanses can be a sobering experience. To ease withdrawal, I like to be prepared with substantial amounts of delicious, nutritious foods. I notice that I eat an additional meal or two when I’m cleansing.
For the upcoming cleanse (see details here – I corrected an error in category 3′s description) I’m planning to cook several simple foods in advance – chicken soup, meat patties, and two flavorful sauces.
Here is what I am stocking my fridge with
- sprouted toast
- drumsticks and broth
- Grassfed Katletky (Russian meat patties)
- tomato-almond pesto & chimichurri to make life more interesting (I put them on eggs, meat, raw spinach, whole grain pasta, etc.)
- a variety of salad materials which I will dress with extra virgin olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar, s&p
- whole grain rice crackers and cheese
- smoothie ingredients (yogurt and/or coconut milk, fruit, dates if needed to add sweetness)
- Bengal Spice Tea by Celestial Seasonings to put me into a cinnamon coma and make me forget all desires for something sweet at the end of the day!
Want to join me?